aka.ms/Secure – now isn’t that easy?
Let me preface this first. One, I work for Microsoft, so I am only including links on this post primarily from our ‘Docs’ pages, with the exception of some government related posts. Not that there’s anything wrong with any other posts or links. But these are some of the ones I find most useful to share with my fellow colleagues and customers. Secondly, there is so much that is out there, even within our own docs, there may be many many more I’ll post further below. And many more that I miss or forget. These are some of my favorite pages that I often use for referencing Microsoft’s current recommended Security and Identity practices in no particular order. I hope you find these useful as well and share away with aka.ms/Secure.
Top Security links …more to come
I recently got these updates from Mr. Mark Simos…..so you know these are good! These will guide your security posture in addition to the many links above on Identity.
- https://aka.ms/mcra | The Microsoft Cybersecurity Reference Architectures (MCRA) describe Microsoft’s cybersecurity capabilities.
- https://aka.ms/cafsecure | The Secure Methodology provides a vision of the complete end state to guide the improvement of your security program over time.
- http://aka.ms/azuresecuritycompass | now know as Microsoft Security Best Practices, is a collection of best practices that provide clear actionable guidance for security related decisions.
- Microsoft Security Technical Content Library | Build & grow your skills. Find Security, Compliance, Identity technical content across both M365 and Azure Security. Filter by: Solution Area, Product, Topic and Role.
- Zero Trust @Microsoft | https://aka.ms/ZeroTrust
- YouTube | Microsoft Zero Trust
- Zero Trust Resource Center | http://aka.ms/ZTGuide
- NSA Releases Guidance on Zero Trust Model
- Executive Order on Improving the Nation’s CyberSecurity
- Got or need Azure Security Certifications? I have trainining for some of the latest Microsoft Azure Security Exams, and more, at https://aka.ms/YouTube/CERT.
Identity Best Practices and Guidance
1st…. Microsoft Identity Engineering Updates
aka.ms/IdentityBlog (Where they blog) and aka.ms/IdentityTweets (A collection of Product Group Tweets ). Not to mention, this group posts a lot on YouTube! aka.ms/AzureADYouTube. AMAZING content 😉 Also two really smart guys from the Identity PG run a great podcast called the 425 Show. Check it out! https://aka.ms/425show.
- Securing privileged access for hybrid and cloud deployments in Azure AD
- Identity Life Cycle Management
- Azure Identity Management and access control security best practices
- Five steps to securing your identity infrastructure
- Choose a solution for integrating on-premises Active Directory with Azure
- Hybrid Identity Digital Transformation Framework
- Authentication Methods and Decision Tree
- Azure Active Directory Identity Governance documentation
- Get the Azure AD Whitepaper
- Get Azure Active Directory Deployment Plans
But Wait….there’s more!
Here are some more Identity Resources that I have collected, use and share.
- Azure AD Data and Security considerations
- Plan a passwordless authentication deployment in Azure Active Directory
- Create a resilient access control management strategy with Azure Active Directory
- Self Service Password Reset email templates, posters, and table cards
- Azure Active Directory integrations with authentication and synchronization protocols
- Planning Azure Active Directory Access Reviews deployment
- Securing Azure environments with Azure Active Directory
- Five steps for integrating all your apps with Azure AD
- Achieving National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Authenticator Assurance Levels with the Microsoft Identity Platform
- Considerations from Moving from AD FS to Azure Active Directory
- Plan your Azure Active Directory device deployment
- Gaining Expertise with Azure B2C
- MFA Templates
- App Proxy Guidance